XJ600 fork strip

wild foamy
This post is 5112 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone.

i can see this XJ turning into another Jawa project :/

the only thing standing between my XJ and an MOT are the fork seals, i have now got round to stripping them down and doing the seals but i cant for the life of me seperate the stanchion from the fork leg!, ive taken the cap off, spring out and the other thingy, taken the allen screw out of the bottom of the fork leg but it still wont come out, feels like there is something else holding it in there.

any input appreciated

-Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

have you taken out the alen bolts that face up as the ones in the side are to drain the oil, sorry if this is insulting its not ment to be just making sure i have the facts before answering. chris

got there in the end, the original seals were glued in with some sort of sealent, nearly put my shoulder out trying to seperate the leg from the stanchion. thanks for the input but thankfully my usual method of brute force and ignorance came through in the end.

now, how much oil do i put in each leg?...

cant help you with the oil level but its usually measured from the top without the springs, i think the last forks i done were a fzr400 and it was 15cm from top but you will have to search or hope a helpful person comes on, sorry i cant be of more help. chris

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online