yamaha dt125

ging
This post is 5115 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello peeps just brought a dt 125 it does about 65 its totaly standerd doea any one think its resricted .or is there any thing i can do to make it go faster thanks

Welcome ging. What year is it ? pre-1979 twinshocks only did 65-70mph . No restrictions back then, An RD250 did only 85-90. things were slower,B)

If your a heavy, heavy boy then 65mph is good.

My opinion is that the DTR is the stronger and more reliable of these bikes.

Can ya red-line the bike in 5th gear :blink:

If your a heavy, heavy boy then 65mph is good.

My opinion is that the DTR is the stronger and more reliable of these bikes.

Can ya red-line the bike in 5th gear :blink:

If you wanted to go fast why did you buy a DT?

so is there nothing i can do at all to make it go faster some one said nput a dep exaust on it and make sure the power vole is working propley also theres a wire in the loom that needs to be cut and it will fly

:lol: I in no way ment they are shit bikes, i've got a DT myself, but fast no.

As for reliability, parts supply, comfort, fuel, etc they are hard to beat. Its been in production largely unchanged since 1989 (i think, Vez?). The one thing they struggle with is fast.

:lol: I in no way ment they are shit bikes, i've got a DT myself, but fast no.

As for reliability, parts supply, comfort, fuel, etc they are hard to beat. Its been in production largely unchanged since 1989 (i think, Vez?). The one thing they struggle with is fast.

THATS GOOD TO KNOW I THOUGHT I HAD BROUGHT A BAG OF SHIT BUT CARNT I DO ANY THING TO IT IS YOURS STANDERD LIKE MINE BERT

THATS GOOD TO KNOW I THOUGHT I HAD BROUGHT A BAG OF SHIT BUT CARNT I DO ANY THING TO IT IS YOURS STANDERD LIKE MINE BERT

I have one of the old aircooled jobbies, an ex enduro racer that has had a colourfull life.

In my experience of 2 strokes you realisticly have 2 options.

Leave it as is, tolerate 60mph and have a bike that will run to 20000 miles without any majour work. Which is superb for a 2 stroke.

Or make it faster, do the earth thing. OG or VEZ can detail that for you and fit a sports exhaust, the tailpipe really does very little except noise. A freer air filter, but keep the original airbox and richen the carb a little. All that may get you to 75ish. But you will be compromising the reliability of the bike, by how much depends on the myriad of other owners.

Something for you to think on, my TDR 250 has 4 times the power of your DT but realisticly tops out at around a ton. It weighs about the same and the aerodynamics are comparable to a DT125. A TZR 250, same engine, same power as my TDR. That can crack 140mph in perfect conditions. But, a TDR250 well ridden can lick a 90's 600 sports bike on a twisty road and totally ahnialate the TZR, its the same with the DT. Stay off the straight stuff, drag the racers onto the b roads and you will be king.

Something i used to do regular when i was using the DT as main transport when people gave it some stick i had a simple bet for them.

"Anywhere you like. You pick the way there, I pick the way back" Funnily enough never had any takers ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online