RXS100 two stoke oil level not going down

Gjanes
This post is 5116 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've been riding my RXS100 for about 2 weeks now and when I bought it I was told it would get through a tank of two stroke oil for every 2 tanks of petrol. I've used about one maybe one and a half tanks of petrol since then and the oil level in the tank doesn't seem to be decreasing. Also when I kick the crank it often takes a couple of go's and starts idling at much lower revs than it did a few days ago, and I feel like the exhaust smells different but I might just be being paranoid about that. I'm worried that there may be a blockage in the oil tube and the oil isn't getting in to the engine. would it be normal for a two stroke to run for so long like this without oil? and was the guy I bought it off wrong about its oil consumption can it vary depending on the condition of the engine etc.? help would be greatly appreciated, thanks George.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yeah you're right it was just the fact that he said a tank of 2T for one of petrol and no-one has ever said anything different to me before, also there is smoke coming from the exhaust and it smells very 2-strokey so it must be fine. thanks for the help!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online