XS250 Carbs

Joeleol
This post is 5120 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A simple one this time.....Are the XS250 carb's the same as the XS400, only different jetting? Just I need some parts for mine (not jet related) and was wondering if I can order 'XS400' stuff as I can't find XS250 stuff.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

basically the float valves are the bits I am looking to buy. The XS250 ones are a bit hesitant to let fuel in but the XS400 ones have a nice little hook on to directly attach the float to the valve.

A simple one this time.....Are the XS250 carb's the same as the XS400, only different jetting? Just I need some parts for mine (not jet related) and was wondering if I can order 'XS400' stuff as I can't find XS250 stuff.

Your bike has BS32 carbs, whether the parts for BS34 carbs (XS400) will fit your bike, I have no idea.

looks like the floatey bits will fit as they share the same 4 digit number ( just the model # is different)

OTHERWISE THE CARBS ARE A LOT DIFFERENT :)

Okie doak, I just thought I would ask as they are £9 each and its a bit of a waste of time if they don't fit. =( I might just see how the standard ones are, maybe the vibration of the engine will help them rattle down and let fuel into the bowls.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online