New 87 FZ 600 Owner from Canada

FZ1Oakville
This post is 5106 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all --

My first post on this forum -

I just aquired an 87 FZ 600 / and it needs a little work - I think I can handle the project - though I am missing some body panels and I am sure I will need some odds and ends as I go ---

Does anyone know where I can find L and R Side Panels for this bike -- and can someone clairfy that the 1987 was a FZ (and not an FZR)

Also - ANY tips, links or advice on what stuff will fit my bike would be much appreciated - I'm not concearned about bringing it back to stock looks -- so if 88 or 89 parts fit my bike - and someone knows this...please let me know --

Thanks in advance....BTW Im just west of Toronto On - Canada

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome oakville" My mate just sold his FZ 600, the side pannels were also cracked, [ ay fixing points] sounded great, its heading to be a track bike,

Thers a member on here looking for ride- out, bit far for you tho, [ southampton] . rare to find whole FZs now tho,;)

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought an 86 FZ600 today, in St. Louis, MO. Its rough looking, I need both lower fairings - found an online store that has replicas for $120 a piece ouch! Mine had 56,000 miles on it! The guy I bought it from bought it last month, rode it once (ran great according to him), and then couldnt get it to stay running after....so, now its mine practically for free :) I'm going to acid bath the tank tomorrow, lots of rust in there, then see what she does. I will clean the carbs and reset them too. Somebody desecrated this cool sports bike with black spray paint, almost it would seem, to no abandon. I want to get it running first since there is about a month left here of riding weather. Then make it my special project for the winter.

Any tips on these bikes? I know they are not the R model but it seems like a very nimble machine with a reliable 600 engine. I am going to take pictures tomorrow to start the documentation process.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online