XVS 125 - Help on putting air in (Rear Tyre)

Reservoir-dog
This post is 5117 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just can't do it. I've been in two different petrol stations, BP and Shell and can't get the air line at the right angle. I tried every possible position but the spokes are in the way or the mud guard is in the way. Is there some kind of adaptor missing in my tool kit? Help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:o

Some of them can be wierd, try putting the valve towards the back of the bike, then feed the air thingy through the spokes startinng at the centre of the wheel heading towards the valve. This is all me can thinks of !!!

Most of the time it's just fiddling and maybe even rolling the bike back/forward.

You'll probably have to shove fairly hard to get the thing to fit.

Most of the time it's just fiddling and maybe even rolling the bike back/forward.

You'll probably have to shove fairly hard to get the thing to fit.

Thanks Ttaskmaster but I've just bought the valve adaptor from a tyre shop in London this afternoon. £6 job done. And yes, I was told not to leave it on the tyre as it tends to let air out.

With such a large wheel rim and inner tube, the adapter is crucial because the air valve sticks out straight making it quite impossible to place the standard air lines at the right angle.

I was expecting that Yamaha would include the adaptor with the tool kit.

I never had this problem with my 125 Drag.

what? never?! :blink: have you got a compressor in the garage by any chance? lol

iv once went to the bp by my way cause needed some air and spent that long trying to put the bloody thing on that the machine stopped b4 i could put any air in the tire! cost me a fortune! (£1.00 lol)

thats when i decided to get a new inner tube with a right angle bend in the valve, saves loads of time and hassle!

No, never.

You just have to position the bike right and fiddle around a bit.

If the wheel is so far round that the valve is too close to the frame, move the bike back/forward a bit.

I had a 2002 model 125 Drag.

No, never.

You just have to position the bike right and fiddle around a bit.

If the wheel is so far round that the valve is too close to the frame, move the bike back/forward a bit.

I had a 2002 model 125 Drag.

Probably your inner tube was from a different make than mine with a shorter or longer valve. From my experience the only probable way would be loosening the nut ring around the valve and force the air line in.

Paulwhite, Thanks for the tip. I had no idea that inner tubes with a right angle valves existed.

Thanks mate.

Anyway for 6 quid the adaptor does the job.