Headlight legality

Vez
This post is 4979 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Having a bit of concern with fitting after-market headlight/s on my Sachs, thought i would ask and see if any one could help.

I wondering if i would have any problems getting an MOT fitting just one headlight were there should be 2 and blanking the other hole up?

photo0012ex.jpg

10015162.jpg

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You will see most if not all twin headlight bikes with only one light on Vez (why is it like that?) anyhoo, I dont see there being a problem-you could phone your MOT guy and check whats required :)

So long as the light is on the centre line or to the right of that line your ok, providing the light, or combination of lights performs all the required functions. ie main,dip and a side light.

So long as the light is on the centre line or to the right of that line your ok, providing the light, or combination of lights performs all the required functions. ie main,dip and a side light.

So i need to fit the light into the right side hole in the above pic?

or dissconnect the lamps, put tape over (X) the lamp, and you get a day time MOT!! worry bout the rest later!

or dissconnect the lamps, put tape over (X) the lamp, and you get a day time MOT!! worry bout the rest later!

I considered the daylight MOT route, but i will be riding this through winter and want to get it sorted first time around.

So i need to fit the light into the right side hole in the above pic?

Why, you going for the race rep look? Personally i'd keep both, have one stock with the usuall dip etc and the other a kick arse halogen jobbie that will light up the road properly.

You could always knock up a cover for one of the lights for the pose factor.

Why, you going for the race rep look? Personally i'd keep both, have one stock with the usuall dip etc and the other a kick arse halogen jobbie that will light up the road properly.

You could always knock up a cover for one of the lights for the pose factor.

They only have 1 of the above headlights in stock, i intend adding a second when they get more in.

There is one in the original light but the lens is cracked. Thinking about putting the original in and the new 1, if the MOT guy doesn't like the crack i will duct tape it up.

They only have 1 of the above headlights in stock, i intend adding a second when they get more in.

There is one in the original light but the lens is cracked. Thinking about putting the original in and the new 1, if the MOT guy doesn't like the crack i will duct tape it up.

Ohhhh, NOW your in C+U rules, a cracked headlight is a fail. You cannot just remove the light either infuriatingly. It has the fittings therfore it should have the light. Nothing stopping you fitting something else mind. A spotlight say. Ring do an almost infinite amount of options.

Ohhhh, NOW your in C+U rules, a cracked headlight is a fail. You cannot just remove the light either infuriatingly. It has the fittings therfore it should have the light. Nothing stopping you fitting something else mind. A spotlight say. Ring do an almost infinite amount of options.

What are C + U rules  :huh:.

And would a hole blanked off be considered a fitting i wonder.

Definite phone call required me thinks   :icon_neutral:

What are C + U rules  :huh:.

Construction and Use rules/regulations. Basically the MOT test rules.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online