My DT125R SM.. full DEP, Brembo Brake

smokinmonkey
This post is 3889 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, new member here. Just bought my first motorbike yesterday and looking forward to many happy years together with it :)

I am the third owner of this bike, the first was a bike mechanic (appartently), the second guy bought it, hardly rode it and it sat up in his garage until I bought it.

The bike is how I bought it. Going to remove and sell the storage box on the back as it doesn't lock. I might get a luggage rack instead...

P1020786Large.jpg

Front Brembo:

P1020787Large.jpg

DEP pipe:

P1020788Large.jpg

Oil in exhaust (is this normal? I read it's a side effect of some two stroke oils?):

P1020789Large.jpg

In need of a clean and polish. I might heat wrap it? :

P1020791Large.jpg

Mileage:

P1020792Large.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice looking bike B)

Yes you are right on the oily silencer. A bit of gunk or WD40 or similar on a rag will shift it when you clean the bike.

Post some pics/info if you decide to heat wrap the exhaust, something I'm considering atm.

Looks like you have a basic luggage rack underneath the box, but if you do decide to sell it all let me know please. :thumb:

Nice bike !!!

That top-box looks not to bad, maby a we bit big but they are really handy, only down side to them is they catch a-lot of wind. What size top-box is it----26ltr ???

Have the wheels been changed to 17" front and back ???

I wouldnt be into heat-wraping the expansion chamber,,,,,but thats just me,,,,,i just think its too wide to look good !!!

Nice bike !!!

That top-box looks not to bad, maby a we bit big but they are really handy, only down side to them is they catch a-lot of wind. What size top-box is it----26ltr ???

Have the wheels been changed to 17" front and back ???

I wouldnt be into heat-wraping the expansion chamber,,,,,but thats just me,,,,,i just think its too wide to look good !!!

There standard size on the DTX pat  ;)

There standard size on the DTX pat ;)

Didnt know that. cheers m8.

Do peps put them on the DTR and if they do, does it not make the front really low as the front wheel is 21" making the sitting position even more uncomfortable ?

Didnt know that. cheers m8.

Do peps put them on the DTR and if they do, does it not make the front really low as the front wheel is 21" making the sitting position even more uncomfortable ?

As far as i know you have to change the forks, wheel and brake caliper etc, so i presume the height will remain the same.

As far as i know you have to change the forks, wheel and brake caliper etc, so i presume the height will remain the same.

Aye, makes sence i suppose,,,,,,,,i'll leave mine as is,,,,,,,handy for the fields and loosing coppers :lol:

Nice bike, you'll love it. You already have the yamaha rack on the back which i s worth keeping but maybe not the top box.

Good bikes, look after it as they are hard to get in that condition now.

Enjoy B)

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring the old thread back to life. But I don't suppose you still have the bike and the dep expansion chamber has a part number on it? Trying to find one, but the dt125r sm doesn't have any listed and no one knowes if another one would fit. Ie putting a dt125x on it.

Thanks

Rzez

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online