CHRISTOFFESER!!!

Paulwhite
This post is 5114 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi chris soz my e-mail is playing up! for some reason its locked me out and vodafone wont let me fix it .....fookin dongle.

but anyway iv got some pics for u, to show what i mean about it being a little big but need your opinion b4 i finish it, when its on i suppose you could lower it by about 2-3 inch so it wont be so high.

ul have to get back to me on here till iv sorted out my hotmail account

cheers.

Paul.

100912_194457.jpg

100912_194526.jpg

100912_194544.jpg[/img

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Alright mate no worries about the email.

You're right it does seem high - is that even with the fender mounts on??? Can it not come down a little so it's closer to the tyre???

Also where is the tail light going.

p.s. sorry for everyone who has stumbled across this and thinks we're using the forum for a personal convo.

that is with the fender mounts on.

and it will come down by about 2 inch if you lower the suspension.(but you need to find some shocks!) the tail light would go on the end (im doing it to that pic i sent u) but what you can see in the pic's is just the cast, wanted to show u b4 i moulded the shape and prepped it for painting.

(didnt want to do it all and send it to you for you not to be happy with it :) )

as iv said i can get it a much closer fit if you cut the mounts off. but from what you were saying on the phone you wernt too keen on the idea, if you can find someone with a 1mm blade to cut the mounts (and do it a straight cut) then you can put a 1mm spacer back on when you come to weld the mounts on. but i think ul be happy with the new fender when its done.

but yeah get back to me then i can finish it off m8.

and this was the only way to send you some pics, plus someone might b interested in it :D after all it is to do with a Yamaha drag 125 and you just cant get aftermarket fenders.

If you can make the fender much closer to the tyre by me chopping the mounts off then I will DEFINITELY cut em off :)

I would like it to hug the tyre as close as you can get it :) and will do some chopping to get that :)

If you can make the fender much closer to the tyre by me chopping the mounts off then I will DEFINITELY cut em off :)

I would like it to hug the tyre as close as you can get it :) and will do some chopping to get that :)

right il get crackin then! :D im aiming to have it done for wednesday but it depends on the weather (need some sun to fiberglass) but il keep you posted should get it done for wednesday :D

All right nice one...

Im gonna need my pillion seet on for this weekend anyway so wont be fitting it till sunday at least.

So is it gonna be dead close? :P

not dead close cause i need to cater for the spring rate but say about a finger gap between the fender and rear tire. :D

BECAUSE we're like the two little girls in Claire's accessories that talk and shout really uneccissarily loudly in an effort to make everyone care about their lives.

yo dude not sure how to post pics on the pm.

so il do it here! oh and iv got my old phone number back up and working!

yeah the fender is taking longer than i thought to sort the finish out iv got some pics. im not sure how long its going to take so il say 3-4 days for a guess.

but get back to me.

cheers

.Paul.

P130910_1804.jpg

P130910_1804_02.jpg

hi chris its paul with an update :) the fender is just about done all iv got to do is sort out the seat fix the light and the wiering then give it 1 last rub down and finish the paint! the seat thats on it at the mo is just a mock up to see how it would look , iv decided that im going to do a separate seat that attaches to the fender then it makes it easier to attach the whole thing to the bike. il get the seat done today then rub it down and paint it tomorrow. hopefully it will be ready for wednesday! when its done il take it to the post office and get it priced up for posting then get in touch.

hope ur happy with it. Paul.

P170910_1447.jpg

P170910_1447_01.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online