adjusting the idle an fuel mixture xvs 125

dan28
This post is 5117 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the idle screw makes contact with the round bit of the throttle (on the carb) just look where ur cable attachés to it and you should see it :D

as to adjusting the fuel mixture there is only an air screw located on the side (a small brass screw on the opposite side of the float bowl)

y do you want to change the mixture?

if you want more fuel at top end then id suggest getting a bigger main jet think standard its a 90 in the drag so go get a 95 to make it richer, OR adjust the jet needle one notch (for the cheaper/safer option)

but if your doing a re-jet then id warn you the extra fuel in the mix will cause your piston rings to wear down a little faster.

it picked up it for a pre mot an brought back to me since its been it wont start an the screws were missing from the air box so someone has been fiddling

it ran fine before it went :(

that sounds dodgy!!!!! i know the xvs engine is very temperamental! try going round it to see if everything is on properly! if there is a leek of any kind then it wont start.

but why would they take the airbox off???? its got nothing to do with the mot! as long as the bike started and ran ok when you took it there then there is no need to go anywhere near the air box.

if it was me id go mental and threaten legal action! at the end of the day they fooked it up!

best bet would be to go down there and tell them you want it fixing! otherwise you will contact your solicitor! and take the bike to a Yamaha dealer to get looked at, to see whats wrong and sue them for the damage!

hope you get it sorted m8!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online