Fuel to oil ratio help

Guest CardBoardDave
This post is 5122 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Guest CardBoardDave

Evenin all :)

Right to start i am rubbish at maths unless its money then strangly enough i am pretty good!!

The manual for this athena kit informs me that i should ditch the auto lube system in favour of premixing at 3% Fine easy enough but a bit of a chew carrying around oil.

So in theory could i use the auto lube system as standard and just add some oil to the tank to make the mix up to 3%? Was thinking one of those super strength engery shot bottles. much easier to carry about than a full size bottle

By any chance does someone have the figures for the standard lube system?

Thank you muchly :)

Ps

Anyone else feelin a bit down having to return to normal life after such a good time last weekend?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye dave , yams [ DTs RDs] were 32- 1 ratio, , olden days , when oil was crap[ mineral]

Now-adays av heard of 80- 1 :o " LEAN I KNOW" but semi synthetic , and fully synthtc, are so good now-adays. i wud keep ur auto-lube, its a pain looking for oil on long hauls

So 32 ltr of fuel = 1 ltr of oil, [ tell Cynic] if your oil tank holds 1 .5 ltre , then after 5 - 6 tanks of fuel , check level. [ Cynic:D ] my old H2 is set at 25-1 , [ auld reeky] h2 injects into crankcase, not carb, [ H2b in carbs] So pre-mix doesn"t lube as designed,

And yeh , downers with no ride-out this weekend [ working] After the highs of last B)

Yep I doubt it is 32 to 1 though, thats just it...it's a guess unless you monitor exactly how much fuel is used to use up 1 litre of oil.

I would assume a mix of 40 to 1 would be more like it.

40 to 1 is 2.5% mix, so this is 0.5% too little, need to add the 0.5% in the fuel as stated.

a mix of 200 to 1 is 0.5%, or 5ml every litre of fuel...thats a teaspoon for every litre of fuel.

Guest CardBoardDave

Thank you all very much :) :) just what i needed to know

I am hoping to head down to brum tomorrow on a steady run. Hope weathers good and there is lots trafic B)

If you see me give me a wave

c3f21dab.jpg

CBD, I thought you use avgas especially with a 15:1 compression ratio B)

enjoy your ride out, seems the weathers going to be good!

I was on a downer, till early this evening when Mike phoned me to say that he has 2 free tickets for the BSB this weekend :thumb:

that's pit passes and hospitality for 3 days, but only going sunday as work and scouts saturday!

weekend sorted :yay:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online