exup valve

zubes
This post is 5044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

iv got an yamaha 1000 exup will it make much diference if i take exup valve out as it rattles like a chain is loose and driving me up the wall or is there any way of stoping it rattle

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

iv got an yamaha 1000 exup will it make much diference if i take exup valve out as it rattles like a chain is loose and driving me up the wall or is there any way of stoping it rattle

if you do take the valve out, be ready for knackered low-end performance. The valve shouldnt really rattle, however in my experience it can be that the flap has some play in it, you can try shimming it with some washers (copper washers and some high temperature grease), though it can also happen if the cover has not been put back on correctly (happens sometimes if the bolts sheared).

if you do take the valve out, be ready for knackered low-end performance. The valve shouldnt really rattle, however in my experience it can be that the flap has some play in it, you can try shimming it with some washers (copper washers and some high temperature grease), though it can also happen if the cover has not been put back on correctly (happens sometimes if the bolts sheared).

cheers for your help has got a little bit of play

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online