YZF6R How Hot

YZF6R
This post is 7312 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What's the normal water temperature for this bike?

After a hard run and cruising around town (Air Temp 20C) the bikes cooking my legs and is running at 108 C.

It's a 2003 with only 3000 Klm, on it and has developed a noise in the engine. The dealer thought it was a clutch noise, so they replaced one plate. Noise still there, so they decided to replace the complete clutch.

Picked it up yesterday and the bloody noise is still there. Now I'm really pissed, because the dealer wrench wizards will be pulling the engine apart, starting Monday. I thought these motors were bullet proof?

Any thoughts from anyone.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I too have had some engine noise but only when pulling away and after the clutch has been held in for a little while. Generally my temp stays at around 80 but soon creeps up to 100+ in traffic ( although don't get caught in it that much). Make sure you have a good level of coolant/antifreeze. Does the fan switch on?

Thanks for the tip, but I was also wondering how often does your fan kick in and at what temperature?? My bike usually runs at 74 C but when I pull into town it moves up to the mid 80's, what concerns me is when I am putting around say in parking lot, the fan always comes on. The other thing on my mind is how long does it take for your bike to warm up to operating temp, in such a way that the automatic high idle lowers itself enough to engage first gear?? thanks for your help.

In town my exup will heat up really quickly...say about 10 mins riding, fan will be on and off but i'm not too bothered about it, but remember it all depends on ambient heat aswell