Yamaha 700 Maxim X '85

MANA
This post is 5130 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

New to the forum......can anyone help I have just bought the above and am about to start restoring it anyone got any suppliers for parts as this bike its a American import and the mufflers are in pretty poor state, also any pointers to vintage parts suppliers would be great.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi MANA, thats a tough one eh? I imagine an American import bike would be hard to find spares for in the UK. OK i'm assuming your from the UK though you didnt say.

Yes have found loads of spares in the states (cheap bits shipping a fortune) and some over here (just not the bits l need yet :rolleyes: )Still its a cracking bike only 22000 from new and in really good nick just needs some TLC and a bit of luck with the bits FYI its a XJ 700 Maxim X (water cooled with the gensis engine) big bike tho' sports/tourer style with upswept mufflers (just what you need with a this rain :blink:

J

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online