Yamaha Chappy Steering Issue

mckaybb
This post is 4641 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Everyone - I just recently purchased a LB 50 chappy. I've noticed at times that it tends to pull to the left when I ride it. Does anyone have thoughts on why this might be?

Is it related to the fork / tire / alignment? I've not really taken it apart yet to investigate. I wanted to try to research it first. Thanks,

Brian

• 4 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 6 months later...

this is a leak of oil in forks : only one have a spring which is only for pushing up, but shocks are absorbed with oil mouvement only, so it's going assymetricaly if there isn't enough in forks.

You need to unscrew chrome rings, for pulling out bottom part of fork, cleaning all, refill with these quantity of oil :

One with spring have 96ml, other one without spring 120ml (+- 4ml) with 10W30 motor oil. You can use motorbike fork oil. I tested sae 15, but it's too hard.

You may consider changing fork spy joint... (don't know the exact name in english, sorry...)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online