Yamaha YP 250 Majesty

southy
This post is 5044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, new to forum, and as i have a yamaha i thought i would give it a go.

I have owned many bikes in the past, mostly yamaha's, but now me and the missus are starting a family, and i was not allowed to get another big bike but she gave in and let me have a scooter (cheap, less chance of me killing myself, etc etc).

I finally found a nice clean tidy example Majesty 250 S reg for £700, goes like stink (not like my R1 used to) and she likes going on the back for a change!!

Ok, finally down to my question.

I am a bit of a gadget freak and a letter dropped on my door step from the old bill, stating that a lot of scooters below 400cc are high risk items being stolen on our estate, they recommend keeping it in a garage when not using it, (which i do) but fit an alarm!!

Well i brought one for £30 off ebay, a Cyclone V2 talking one ( i know sad!!! ) it said on the website to tell them what bike it was so they could send a specific wiring diagram, which i got but was quite frankly, crap!!

I need to find all the indicator wires to connect to so the they flash, and also a good mounting point for the alarm, i have looked at the fairing and it looks a scary propostion trying to get it off!!!!

Anyone's help appreciated!!

Andy

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry, there's no easy way out, it's a big job, takes about 6 hours to fit, if done properly. Strip off a lot of stuff, connect the wires in so the dont corrode over time and tape it back up so it's hack proof.

Most yamahas have the same wiring colour coding, look at the areas where the indicator wires are exposed, normally yelow and brown I think.

I have owned many bikes in the past, mostly yamaha's, but now me and the missus are starting a family, and i was not allowed to get another big bike but she gave in and let me have a scooter (cheap, less chance of me killing myself, etc etc).

I finally found a nice clean tidy example Majesty 250 S reg for £700, goes like stink (not like my R1 used to) and she likes going on the back for a change!!

I am a bit of a gadget freak and a letter dropped on my door step from the old bill, stating that a lot of scooters below 400cc are high risk items being stolen on our estate, they recommend keeping it in a garage when not using it, (which i do) but fit an alarm!!

Well i brought one for £30 off ebay, a Cyclone V2 talking one ( i know sad!!! ) it said on the website to tell them what bike it was so they could send a specific wiring diagram, which i got but was quite frankly, crap!!

I need to find all the indicator wires to connect to so the they flash, and also a good mounting point for the alarm, i have looked at the fairing and it looks a scary propostion trying to get it off!!!!

Andy

Andy

If you had bought the alarm from www.motorbikealarms.co.uk ( think its the same as ebay), then phone up and talk to Nigel ( he makes them and is a one man band), hes a great bloke and will help you out. He spent no less than 30mins on the phone with me guiding me through fitting mine.

Welcome to the Forum btw.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online