oil light

zubes
This post is 5147 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

advice needed got a 1ooo exup on a j plate had no problems with it till monday oil light came on around 80-90 then went off when went slower does any one know if there is any problems with these engines only done it twice

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

advice needed got a 1ooo exup on a j plate had no problems with it till monday oil light came on around 80-90 then went off when went slower does any one know if there is any problems with these engines only done it twice

Hi Zubes

I had the same issue with my FZR600, wrong grade of oil

what oil you using ? is it the correct grade ,

I would change the oil and filter,and fill to the correct level then you know you are ok , then keep an eye on it ,could be just the oil sensor, if its starts again and the sensors fine , more likely to be the pump failing , if it is failing the light will stay on longer and longer.

could be a blip in the ECU , take the battery off for ten minutes ,reconnect then go for a ride

do the oil change first and see how you get on

cheers

Al

Hi Zubes

I had the same issue with my FZR600, wrong grade of oil

what oil you using ? is it the correct grade ,

I would change the oil and filter,and fill to the correct level then you know you are ok , then keep an eye on it ,could be just the oil sensor, if its starts again and the sensors fine , more likely to be the pump failing , if it is failing the light will stay on longer and longer.

could be a blip in the ECU , take the battery off for ten minutes ,reconnect then go for a ride

do the oil change first and see how you get on

cheers

Al

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online