cant beat experience

chris66
This post is 5134 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i took my yzf750 for a spin today, i was going up a hill near my home, i took first up to about 9ooo revs and as i changed into second the front lifted a little causing the bars to go all light.

This often happens so no problems, but this time the front wheel only being 1 inch or so off the ground hit a bit of bad road and turned my bars completely to the right.

The first response to any dangerous situation is to brake but to brake in this situation would have been an instant off.

As a forty four year old having passed my test at 17 i consider myself reasonably experienced, but i still amazed myself.

My instinct was not to brake but to yank the throttle fully open and the front wheel lifted high enough to give me time to straighten the bars.

So i got away with it apart from scaring the hell out of myself. I went straight home in a little shock.

Just thought i would share this with you all to see if you think that years of riding make a difference to how you respond to dangers, yes it was my fault for using the lower gears so irresponsibly but at seventeen i would have crashed im sure. Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

experience prevales once again,congrats chris...my inexperienced mate braked hard and wrote his gsxr off.

experience prevales once again,congrats chris...my inexperienced mate braked hard and wrote his gsxr off.

i bet you have trouble keeping the front down on your lc

Experience tells me not to change to 2nd at 9000 revs :P

to be fair the bike revs to 13000 so 9000 is not near its limit, it just seems to be a sweet spot.

when your bike easily does 3 figure speeds in third gear you can only use the higher revs in 1st and second.

i was testing the bike as i had just been working on the carbs, and wanted to make sure it was pulling right.

chris

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online