1974 dt100

Mike1
This post is 5005 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This bike is in excellent condition. Has had a complete tune up (plug,points and cond.,filters,fluids)and runs fine, except that it always stalls after the first few minutes of running. It will sometimes restart with the choke on or will only start after a spray of starting fluid in the cylinder. After that it will run and restart all day without problems. The stalling has no bearing on the amount of warmup time or temperatures.

Any suggestions please?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It will sometimes restart with the choke on or will only start after a spray of starting fluid in the cylinder.

Hi , sounds like its a carb clean needed, pilot jet prob, And AN INTRO would be nice, are you in outer Mongolia or ?? know what we mean ;)

Hi , sounds like its a carb clean needed, pilot jet prob, And AN INTRO would be nice, are you in outer Mongolia or ?? know what we mean ;)

Thank you for your post, and sorry for the lack of an intro........ I am new at this, just joined yesterday and finishing my profiles.

This bike was in very good shape and acquired from a family member a couple of years ago.-- My first bike. I have restored it to original condition sourcing parts new when possible, or used in good condition. I neglected to mention in my original post that the carb has been cleaned and re-built. I am puzzled as to why the stall only happens once after running a few minutes and does not re-occur until the next time.(usually the next day or later). When running it runs excellent with no problems.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online