seca 2 grinding/bumping from front sprocket area

pcguru000
This post is 5063 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So this thing has been making this sound for a while, saturday however I took a friend out, rode him around for a few hours (hes after a bike lol) - noticed it got a bit worse, today I noticed the chain was very loose (67mm slack, should be 40-50) ...

So friend and I tightened it to 40-42 ish - figured that would help.

Did the exact oppostite... now its a serious concern... smash smash smash feeling in the left foot peg...

I am guessing this is the front sprocket ... missing teeth? damaged teeth?

ALSO - before AND AFTER i did the chain adjustment ... it seems to skip or jump the sprocket... Accelerating hard sometimes it the RPMS will spike as if I just grabbed the clutch really quick (assuming this means the chain is jumping the forward sprocket...)

It also does it over bumps when accelerating...

So, i should replace the front sprocket? anything else I should be looking for ? just wanted approval :>

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you should change the two sprockets and the chain as a set, if the chain has been skipping teeth it has done it no good and chain and sprockets tend to wear together