fitting throttle cable to xvs

dan28
This post is 5134 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i am attempting to fit the correct twin cable throttle to my bike ive fitted the lowest cable to the carb the upper one doesnt seem to have enough slack on the inner cable to enable it to sit in the groove what am i doing wrong?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

All your cable controls will have adjusters to mess about with teh slack and put the operation right where you want it.

Have you reset the throttle adjustments?

Your manual should explain exactly which way these work... because I can't remember back that far :D

Reset them to give you maximum slack, fit the new cables and then set up according to taste.

All your cable controls will have adjusters to mess about with teh slack and put the operation right where you want it.

Have you reset the throttle adjustments?

Your manual should explain exactly which way these work... because I can't remember back that far :D

Reset them to give you maximum slack, fit the new cables and then set up according to taste.

throttle adjustments do you mean the adjuster on the throttle asembly ?

its got maxium slac on the cabe adjuster but the inner cables needs approx 10mm more

i cant find much on it in the manual

have you tried twisting the throttle ? with it being twin cables one tightens as one slacks off so might just be you need to twist the throttle. if you have the standard ones then they should be the right legnth just need to fiddle to get them on lol. but i dont see why you would need twin cables? a single one should work fine. :blink:

oh and make sure the right cable is where its ment to be (if you get what i mean) dont mix them up as there slightly different to eachother.

the standard throttlle cable is a twin setup

it had been replaced with a mini moto single cable throttle

i dont now know which way around they as i never had one to compare it with

on the bike the cable that is furtherest to the left which cabe from the throttle should conect to it?

I'd need to see it to both figure out what you mean and to explain an answer.

However, the easiest way is to try fitting the cables.

If it doesn't work, try swapping them round. It's as easy as that!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online