Cylinder for Yamaha Chappy

Silpingeholken
This post is 4977 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello.

I have a Chappy with a 72cc cylinder, but would love to get it

original. Does anyone know where I can get a 50cc cylinder?

Perhaps it is someone who has one for sale?

If it's possible I would also like to get a manual to Chappyn.

Thanks in advance.

/ Kenny

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The 72cc cylinder is a gen Yam part from the LB80. A lot of people did this conversion through their Yam dealer. Do the engine and frame numbers match?

Thanks for your response Motobrox.

Well, the engine and frame have the same number.

It is a cylinder of the Pollini brand now, which is what I understand

an aftermarket cylinder.

I'm not entirely sure that it's a LB80 from the beginning, but I do not believe it when it only sold around 300 such in Sweden.

Is there anything that distinguishes the models that directly shows which model it is?

This is my Chappy:

http://www.pbase.com/silpingeholken/image/127813091

Cool, same colour as mine. Go on to www.cmsnl.com and they have a model codes for most Chappys (first 3 digits) or give the frame number to a Yam dealer and they will tell you it's age and model.

Try French Ebay for the cylinder, most French Chappys were LB50s. If it's a Polini kit then it started life as a LB50.

They models all varied slightly some were manual, most were auto or semi auto and some had pedals also (lb50 as it was classed as a moped, but again the models varied to suit the law of the country they were sold in)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online