Xj6 Catalitic converters

flyingmoose
This post is 5060 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

Firstly, appologies for spelling mistakes, secondly... can anyone tell me the advantage/disadvantages for removing the catalitic converter on my xj6? from what i understand if i remove it it will sound a little bit louder and give me slightly better mpg... but will i have any sort of insurance problems / testing problems in a couple years when it gets to MOT time?

just wanted to know a bit about it all really..

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it kinda depends on what you mean by removal, e.g. my bike has the standard exhaust/cat unit on it, but i do have R6 downpipes and a gsxr (both micron)can that i bought from george whites in swindon. It was much louder and 1/3 of the weight.

It also produced more power, which very evident. I only went back to standard as i need to get a quieter can from somewhere. btw way i think george white still have the R6 headers in stock (£50), their the stainless serpent type, and you need 2003 model ones. You would also need to dress them in a little under the engine as they ride the oilpan.

A few of the guys on the FZ6R forum (the american version of the bike) have knocked the guts of the catalyst out, but thats not for me as it means you can return it to standard.

humm tipical was down at george whites yesterday... i guess what im trying to do is make a small improvement to sound and mpg without changing the stock exhaust.. im also interested in putting a fz800 can on there too... just because they look cool.. would this cause any major problems?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online