dt 125 not startin on kick

bobalicious
This post is 5144 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

iv got a 05 dt 125re,this model dosnt hav a kick start jus a big plastic bung wer it should be.. the bike rarely started on de electric start and now ders not a kick out of it.. dnt mind de electric start, i converted it to a kick start the other day and it still dosnt start. wen i kick it it sorta feels like thers no compression, yet wen i start the bike on the run by poppin de clutch it goes like a rocket no shortage of power.. aswell the kick seems to hav a reali short stroke.. reali tho it seems like theres fuk all compression, but there obviously is if its runnin so well.. so anyone hav any ideas or suggestions? also i read on some other post dat someone else had similar trouble but wen he tilted the bike to the right it had more compression wen kicking? i kno dat seams like bollox but tot it mi be worth mentionin... cheers for readin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My 97 DTR can be started by turning the kick start with your hand, they are easy. What are you comparing it to, a 4-stroke?

idn dude but if dats the case y wont it fire up? its makin the effort but it jus hasn got enuf to start..

You say the compression feels low...you say it kinda makes the effort but just wont catch.

Do a compression test then, get the bike hot, take out the plug. Screw in the compression tester. Wide open throttle and kick until the gauge stops climbing...anything less than 90 psi means new rings are needed at best...at worst a re-bore, who knows we cant see the condition of the bore .How many miles has the bike done? Personally I think 10000 miles is enough on one set of rings on a DTR

will do n il post it up cheers mate.. its got 12 on it, the lad i bought it off says he put knew ones in, he had the bike rightly fukd up tho and i rekon the knew rings story was jus so id take it easy for a while till i got the bike home..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online