Yamaha RXS 100 spark plug

Gjanes
This post is 5142 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have recently bought a 1997 RXS 100. It was running fine when I got it and then it started having trouble with the engine, which I think is to do with flooding or perhaps a clogged spark plug (one of neighbours who has a bike told me this) he said he'd come round and help me take out the spark plug to clean it and so yesterday I looked in my toolkit to see if I had a spanner which would fit the spark plug and in the process attempted to remove the black cap on the spark plug (I don't know what this is called but I assume it is called the spark plug cap?) which attaches to the ignition coil. not knowing how to do this I simply pulled it off and I think I have damaged the thread in the cap as well as the end of the wire from the ignition coil looking a little damaged because it came out when I twisted the cap back on the plug. Does anybody know what cap fits to a BR8HS spark plug, will any cap fit or will I need to buy a whole new ignition coil? thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the cap you pulled off mate is called a ht lead it just pushed back onto the top of the spark plug and all is fine find a deep socket or a proper spark plug socket and screw it out from the cylinder then check the gap if you have a manual and clean it :)

the cap you pulled off mate is called a ht lead it just pushed back onto the top of the spark plug and all is fine find a deep socket or a proper spark plug socket and screw it out from the cylinder then check the gap if you have a manual and clean it :)

Ah! that explains alot thankyou! I thought I'd damaged it! it's all running okay now actually it was just a little flooded but a couple of days of rest seemed to get it back to normal =)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online