warrior

goon
This post is 4675 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

recently saw a great looking bike called a yamaha warrior and liked the kind of bike it was. I have never seen them in any dealers,they didnt look as bulky as other custom bikes and most people will buy harleys cos of the name. if anyone can give me their impressions of ownership I would be very grateful,any pictures of customising and mods too.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

http://www.motorbikestoday.com/reviews/Articles/yam_warrior.htm

dont know how much it's gonna cost ya mate.

One pulled up next to me at the Ace Cafe the other week, they are BIG, but low at the same time. I'd try and get it out for a ride - it looks like one of those love it or hate it jobbies.

sorry that's all I can help ya with...

oh my god, the size of that exhaust in that link, a monstrosity if i may say so....yuk.

Even bigger than the stock exhaust on my 1300, and that was big enough...but not anymore

DSCF0701.jpg

i wouldnt call the 1300 bulky, lots and lots of 'clutter' and other 'add ons' tends to make a cruiser bulky, i may ditch the engine bars, they'll have the visual effect of 'slimming' it down somewhat

I quite like the Warrior.

It's the American model (I can't recall what the UK version is), but it's probably the nicest of the 'modern' styled Cruisers.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Yamaha Warrior, first big cruiser Ive owned. My previous bikes have been sports bikes. Warriors are very rare in the UK but there is a brilliant forum. Check it out. Im really happy with the bike, wasnt sure if Id get on with it after having sports bikes. It handles and goes really well! awesome looking and sounding machine. Hardly anyone keeps the standard exhaust, vance and haynes big shotts are the most popular replacement. Anything you want to know, feel free to ask? Russ

• 10 months later...

I also have a warrior.

I would just like to add to this thread. Since i changed the rubber on the wheels it has made a world of difference. The standard size on back wheel is 200. I changed mine to a 190 to give me a greater choice in rubber. I am currently using mitchy's pilot road 2 atm on the rear and the front. The level of grip from these is out of this world. I throw my warrior about like it is the yam R1 where so many parts come from.

There was all ways lots of power and grunt before but since i changed rubber i now have the grip and with the 190 on the rear it changes direction really well. I am all ways passing sports bikes in corners and straights and it now takes a brave man or silly overtakes to get pass me. It keeps my mates sv 1000 at bay and also deafens any one else who would like to try.

I have had allot of bikes over the years and this one puts the biggest smile on my face overtaking sports bikes.

Bushtucker

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online