Bought a bike before passing CBT....

JohnnyK
This post is 4104 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Chaps,

I bought my first bike a few days ago, with a view to taking my CBT at the end of the month (delays in my provisional license arriving). I got some quotes off a few insurance sites, and for obvious reasons my insurance policy comes down by about 50% once I pass my CBT.

So with this in mind, I phoned the insurance company who told me that a fully comp policy for the year would cost me £231 once I pass my CBT, however there's going to be a gap of 2-3 weeks where my bike is sitting on my driveway uninsured...

Does anyone know of a company who will insure my bike against theft only, sitting off the road for a couple of weeks? I have found a couple of sites that do insurance by the day but they only do fully comp and they're quoting me £200 for the month which seems fairly silly.

My other option is taking out a policy that gives me 30 days to pass my CBT, but that's £245 for the year and it's only TPFT...

Any ideas/help greatly appreciated,

Cheers John

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've got it chained to the wall of my house via an iron drainpipe mate, but it would just be sods law if someone decided to relieve me of it while I was at work one day. I woukd just rather it was insured if possible.

• 1 year later...

I've got it chained to the wall of my house via an iron drainpipe mate, but it would just be sods law if someone decided to relieve me of it while I was at work one day. I woukd just rather it was insured if possible.

Unfortunately that is what happened to me when i was 15 ish I had a gilera rc 125 top rally and a champ 125 stolen from my back garden police as usual did jack shit :(

• 1 year later...