yzf r125 sprocket

slow13
This post is 5026 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys ive just bought a 15 teeth front sprocket off ebay 12.00 buks and wat a diffrence its upt my gearing by 4to5 mph i cant hit the limiter in 6th eney more but can hit 87 down a hill now i reckon with cam kit and valves it would ride perfect/maybe 95 might need rear sprocket as might hit limiter haha na should be perfect as it only striggles a wee bit so if i got the air in fatser or even more fuel eg carbs and its not slowed it down if eney thing its faster bottom end as gears are longer by 5 mph but will slow it a fraction but thats why i left standard rear sproket on was thinkin ov gettin a no roller chain as it saves drag as every link on a standard chain has a washer so theres alote ov friction/drag= top speed and was going to get standard rear sprocket but lightend just little things that make a big diffrence might get bore kit after cam ect ill see wat its like but i think cam kit then maybe bore kit but no need at moment i can hammer ma mates 1.2 corsa sxi upto 75 haha no bothere

if u want to go for top speed only get 1 tooth on the back or front as eney more will kill the speed al togethere but ive drilled my air box removed filter and removed exhaust resurk ulation valve from exhaust to air box and it pops and bangs like mad its{loud}wont harm it i plug the hole at night though so dont piss my nay burz off but it helps if u want power eg gets gasses owt faster ps dont do it on a 2 stroke thats wat my dad said but we were on about runnin about with out exhaust haha on a 2 stroke ment to nip up or somfin get lighter sprocket and go for a exhaust resurk valve and filter then 1 tooth as i was gettin 72/73 in 5 now i get no probs 76/78mph but slugish in 6th but its worth it wen ure going flat out down the hills and doesnt bang of limiter eg 83/85mph now i get 89 ish flat but cam will help get air in asap and should no prob hit 90 my targets 95 a 100 but that will be with bore kit and sprocket kit front to back as gearing will have to be longer

was going to put a 125 carb on it and just run it rich and there will be no limiter as carbs run on there own this iz just som info i no but can help just ask if u need help ok been ting kering with cars for 7 years and bikes 2years and have rebuilt alote ov engine/engine transplants ect doesnt meen i no it al but iam happy to help and u learn somthing new every day trust me haha

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online