Dt125 R running to rich?

Dt_pete
This post is 5002 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, new here so i dnt kno if if posted this in the right place :/

Anyway i have an 03 plate dt125 r and i am havin problems getting the bike going, it starts up fine and i let it run for abit then as soon as i pull of it seems to over fuel and stalls on me. Jus want to know what knotch on the needle in the carb should it be on? And the correct positiong of the mixture screw.

Cheers

pete..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys, new here so i dnt kno if if posted this in the right place :/

Anyway i have an 03 plate dt125 r and i am havin problems getting the bike going, it starts up fine and i let it run for abit then as soon as i pull of it seems to over fuel and stalls on me. Jus want to know what knotch on the needle in the carb should it be on? And the correct positiong of the mixture screw.

Cheers

pete..

4th notch for the needle, counting from the bottom up.

mixture screw should be 1 and 1/4 turnouts from lightly seated

Ok cheers dude cause it was on the first one at the bottom, and only moved it up one knotch yesterday thinking it would be enough but obviously not. Everything is still standard on it except for the exhaust. Looks like i'll have to set it at the top of the needle then lol

4th notch for the needle, counting from the bottom up.

mixture screw should be 1 and 1/4 turnouts from lightly seated

Shouldn't that be 4th from the top Pat :) Depending on how you hold the needle, with pointy end down its 4th from top anyway.

Another thing guys do you kno where the oil injection adjustment is? I think its putting in too much oil aswell, cheers

What makes you say its over oiling?

All the dtr's i have had have all been smoky ones, better to have too much than not enough imo.

There is no adjustment on the later model 2-stoke pumps afaik. On the older models ( pre 2001) you could add shims under the pump pulley to make adjustments, may be worth looking into.

2strokepumpadjustment.jpg

Heres how to adjust the pump on my DT125RE, may be this will help. Don't think you can make it pump less oil though, unless your cable adjuster is already open alot.

Cheers vez there is something similer on my bike, i shall look into it. Becuase the engine turns over fine when idle but as soon as u rev it ove 5-6000 revs it floods n the spark plus is covered in oil and petrol :( ive had many people look at it but no one can seem to solve it ..

Cheers vez there is something similer on my bike, i shall look into it. Becuase the engine turns over fine when idle but as soon as u rev it ove 5-6000 revs it floods n the spark plus is covered in oil and petrol :( ive had many people look at it but no one can seem to solve it ..

When you say floods, do you mean it stalls the bike?

Have you cleaned the carb and carb jets out ( including the all too often forgotten power jet) ?

Also may be worth checking the electrical side of things as it could be a breakdown of current. OG knows more than me about the electrical side of things, maybe he could explain the correct tests??

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online