Rememberance Sunday Ride

This post is 5157 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay, as we all know, it's remembrance Sunday on the 14th November this year.

Sorry for posting early, I just need to get some interest in this to make it worthwhile.

So basically, I used to go to school here,

Until I got expelled and banned from the site (don't ask )

It's very military-based and every year they have an amazing Remembrance Day Parade...

- scroll through some videos, it's very good.

ANYWAY, I promised someone I'd go up every year to watch this, so I thought I'd take a rideout through some great roads on Saturday, stay Saturday night at a camp-site just behind the school next to Alton Water, watch the parade on Sunday, then head home.

The school is based on an AONB, and the roads are very, very lovely. The campsite is too, brilliant and set on a really, REALLY, big reservoir.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=The+Ace+Cafe,+London&daddr=Brentwood+to:Billericay+to:maldon+to:Tolleshunt+D'Arcy,+Maldon+to:Layer-de-la-Haye,+Colchester+to:Ardleigh,+Colchester+to:Manningtree+to:Holbrook,+Ipswich&hl=en&geocode=%3BFR-uEwMdVaoEACnB9heb8JXYRzFZKulZZWCHhQ%3BFfTPEwMdJm0GACmxfpoqVr_YRzEeVcQcBYCm1w%3BFcBaFQMdOEsKACnVmBWrGN7YRzEqzX3wt50umg%3BFVYAFgMd-yIMAClPBwNuJBzZRzHGY2Ug8_UP5Q%3BFYAUFwMdvwsNACnN9RtGVQPZRzFKTURH-PJvSw%3BFctTGAMdbgkPAClxcfEnhAXZRzEUBlmd4KumTQ%3BFeSfGAMd1TAQACldL_f-1AjZRzHvuX3CuL3sGA%3B&mra=ls&dirflg=h&sll=51.927331,0.883026&sspn=0.449676,1.352692&ie=UTF8&ll=51.633362,0.203247&spn=0.905227,2.705383&t=h&z=9

Here's the route, it's avoiding motorways because they're big and smelly and ugly, and because it's open to all riders regardless of ability.

This isn't one to miss, and should be a very, very, VERY fun weekend - Promise

Let me know if you're interested.

EDIT, the postcode of the destination is IP9 2RX - if you need to look it up.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online