dt125 exhaust

This post is 4973 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon Everyone

I have just got a 125 dtr 2001 and was wondering if anyone knows the best exahust to get for it?

Also if you put a sports exahust on do you need to do anything else to the bike (bigger air filter ect)?

Thanks

Connor

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What is the current exhaust...standard Yamaha issue? Nothing wrong with them other than they are heavy. Like any exhaust on a trail bike though they are high maintenance and will need cleaning and painting often or they soon look sh1t :angry:

Yeah it is just standard mate.

definatly if its got the standard pipe on it now the it should b much faster with a depp/bigboy system is it de restricted at the head light cowl

Guest CardBoardDave

definatly if its got the standard pipe on it now the it should b much faster with a depp/bigboy system is it de restricted at the head light cowl

I think that translates too

Why yes fellow poster. Running a standard system now you will Instantly notice the change with an after market such as Dep/BigBoy.

Is your machine running a standard cdi setup or modified ground under the headlight cowl.

I think that translates too

Why yes fellow poster. Running a standard system now you will Instantly notice the change with an after market such as Dep/BigBoy.

Is your machine running a standard cdi setup or modified ground under the headlight cowl.

Just a standerd mate all the bike is how it was made.

Okay

thank you bud

I think Milne means a Big One exhaust.

You can't earth/ground the wire under the headlight cowl on the 2001 model either Conner, thats the 04> model DT125RE/X bikes. There are some CDI mods around but they are risky and depend on the part number on your CDI more than the year of the bike.

You can move the reed switch out of the way though (it's in the clocks), which will take the 60 mp/h restriction off. See OG's thread on De-restricting his DTR for more info.

The easiest and cheapest mod you can do, is to remove the exhaust restriction, (again see OG'd thread) and also make sure the power valve is set correctly.

Link to OG's thread http://www.yamahaclu...ting-my-dt125r/ , quite a read but worth it imo.

HTH

Vez.

I think Milne means a Big One exhaust. 

You can't earth/ground the wire under the headlight cowl on the 2001 model either Conner, thats the 04> model DT125RE/X bikes. There are some CDI mods around but they are risky and depend on the part number on your CDI more than the year of the bike.

You can move the reed switch out of the way though (it's in the clocks), which will take the 60 mp/h restriction off. See OG's thread on De-restricting his DTR for more info.

The easiest and cheapest mod you can do, is to remove the exhaust restriction, (again see OG'd thread) and also make sure the power valve is set correctly.

Link to OG's thread http://www.yamahaclu...ting-my-dt125r/ , quite a read but worth it imo.

HTH

Vez.

Thank you mate this is all very helpfull

:lol::D

Where abouts are you in the UK Conner? 

Interested in the YOC meet near York? ( see the link in my sig for info)

Where abouts are you in the UK Conner? 

Interested in the YOC meet near York? ( see the link in my sig for info)

i live in rugby mate. not sure how far away that is.

Also iv only just started ridein a geared bike so it maybe to far at the moment :huh:

i live in rugby mate. not sure how far away that is.

Also iv only just started ridein a geared bike so it maybe to far at the moment :huh:

Would be a helluva ride from there mate. Theres always next year B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online