Engine spec XS400

marmiteandmarmalade
This post is 5149 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there and hello to all! I used to be a member on this forum a couple of years ago but i cant remember my user name and have changed e mail. So i re registered and here i am.

I have an XS400 that i belive to be an XS400 SH Herritage 4R4 1980. As im in the UK this bike was imported to the uk from the US in 1997 and was then in storage in the UK till 2008. It is a genuine clean bike and has a few problems with the electrical system and carbs due to being in storage for so many years.

My problem is this i have the engine and frame number but im struggling to find parts for this US spec bike. my local yam dealer cannot find the exact spec for my bike when i give the details of my bike it comes up with the engine specs for another model of XS400.

When i put my VIN into a VIN checker it can't find the details of my bike.

My frame number is JYA14V0020A004826

My engine num is JYA14V00

Can anyone tell exactly what bike i have or tell me of someone that can.

Also im told that if this bike was the the Californian spec then im really gonna struggle to get parts in the UK.

Thanks in anticipation of any help

Regards....

Marmiteandmarmalade

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi M&M and re- :welcome: to the forum

there's not too many differences on the engine specs for the heritage, in fact I have the official yamaha SH manual I use for my 2A2 model.

1981 is the SH model and is 4R4

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-xs400sh-1981_model8826/partslist/

not surwe what parts your after, but you may struggle for seats and badges.

Hi M&M and re- :welcome: to the forum

there's not too many differences on the engine specs for the heritage, in fact I have the official yamaha SH manual I use for my 2A2 model.

1981 is the SH model and is 4R4

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-xs400sh-1981_model8826/partslist/

not surwe what parts your after, but you may struggle for seats and badges.

Thanks for the link and advice Ill look out for a SH manual, i wanted the clymer one but could only find a haynes.

Regards

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online