Dodgy emails

N_Tart
This post is 7217 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Those of you who go live2ride will have read this

But have you been getting any?

I've been getting sexually explicit, threatening and abusive and disturbingly bizare ones!

If the culprit is reading this go to a doctor coz you need help! :twisted:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

This is what I said on L2R....

Sounds like another strange thing happening around the 2 sites.

The YamClub Portal was hacked, and as I understand, the guys seem to be be pretty sure L2R was too.

Looks like they got your e-mail addy from your profile on YC.

TBH I'd be pretty sure that the culprit for all this has been someone who signed up to YC at some time.

I always use a junk mail address to sign up to places so it keeps my real ones clear.

I only check it about once a week, and when I looked now, besides the usual spam in there, someone just sent me 3 worm viruses.

It looks like you're not the only one NT...maybe other members better have a good check on their mailboxes.

This address is my junk one too. Some of the dodgy emails had attachments with viruses too.

Can you not trace the twat that sent them from their address N?

If not notify your ISP and and they should be able to.

I'm with BT Yahoo and their anti-spam filter is excellent. If your ISP doesn't provide spam filter as standard it's well worth either downloading a free blocker ( search for anti spam on google ), or even buying one.

There are some real sad bastards out there that seem to get a kick out of causing misery to others, all we can do is to keep our own systems as free and clean of crap as we can!

I have had problems lately from spam and pop-ups which I cured by downloading Adaware SE from Lavasoft. This detects and deletes any spam, spyware, dataminers and trojans which you unknowingly catch from simply accessing the internet, let alone from e-mails.

If you search google for adaware, go to the Lavasoft link and there is a free download for personal users.

Hope this helps.

He actually uses lots of different addresses but I'm sure it's the same person coz they keep making the same spelling mistakes.

Also I prefer to think that there's only one freak emailing! Otherwise there's one that wants to f**k me, one that wants to fillet me and one that wants to do unspeakable things to my bike :shock:

• 2 weeks later...

i've suddenly started to receive spam also, both to my home account and to my biz account...i'm really pissed about it now , but have notified eclipse as i have a "named" account and unsolicitored email to a named account is apparently a "big" no no. :shock:

Iv'e had that too, not from here but other sites, the fly gits send them in as "attatchments" to what you think is bike stuff and well it's not!.

Iv'e had to format my drive because of this, which is one big PITA, I got not 1 but 3 trojan's and something called dialer 8u.

These bastards should be tracked down reported and f****n' jailed :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've been getting virus's from emails for some time now,i had a chat with a good friend who's a computer wizz kid, he just advised me to delete any message you don't know ( quite obvious but pleople don't do it [-X ),virus/worms i've found have always been around 37KB.

If you want to check the vulnerability of your computer check out this FREE web site,it tells you how easy it is to hack and send virus's to your computer.

http://www.grc.com

Click on the Shield UP!! sign and wait for the next page to come up,then scoll down to HOT SPOTS and then click on the ShieldsUP! header.Click on Proceed and there you go Shields UP.

Just click on the boxes which say File Sharing,Common Ports etc and it will check your computer for you, it will tell you if there are any problems with it and it will give an explanation on how to fix it. :hail

:D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/ :D/

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online