1982 SR 250 T

Emzed
This post is 5167 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi again folks, I just thought I'd update you on the progress of the little Yam :thumb:

Thanks go to Chris66, for info on forks, now sorted and fitted with new seals :-)

By the way, I must say I found it strange that you gave the size of the bi-hexagon damper tube top, in "imperial" (ie. 5/8") when the bike is Japanese and mainly metric sizing, but I did manage to get them out with a length of 8mm studding and some 13mm nuts. they were a bit sloppy and would have been better with 14mm. But as I'm not planning on doing them again anytime soon I'm quite chuffed that the job is now done :D

Thanks too to Paul (O.G.O.A.B.) for his invaluable input regarding the re-soldering of the starter switch, it works fine now mate :thumb:

I've put a couple of pics in the "Garage" of the remnants of the fork seals, just for a laugh.

As they were fitted in the factory in the early 80's I think they have done good service :rolleyes:

I don't know if I've done the right or wrong thing posting the pics there but it was the easiest way as I can't be bothered with buckets or flickers :wacko:

Ciao4now

Em B)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online