Tyres: Help!

andy_rob_a_bank
This post is 5077 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, started to get down and dirty with my TZR 125, as its all new to me I got a couple of questions -

The tyre sizes in the Haynes give as 90/80-17 on front and 100/90-18 on the back. Wanting to replace them both at some stage, but every time I search for tyres to fit it comes up with the back size as being a "front" fitment. Is this the norm for a 125? And is it possible/worthwhile to fit a bigger tyre on the rear?

Many thanks in advance!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys, started to get down and dirty with my TZR 125, as its all new to me I got a couple of questions -

And is it possible/worthwhile to fit a bigger tyre on the rear?

Depends on clearance on swing-arm , for width, and your rim, you will get tyres no probs for that TZ, if your stuggling let me kno.[ my mate has bike shop] with tyre fitting service,.B)

Depends on clearance on swing-arm , for width, and your rim, you will get tyres no probs for that TZ, if your stuggling let me kno.[ my mate has bike shop] with tyre fitting service,.B)

Sound ma man, any chance you could ask if he's come across it before, and what size he would recommend?

Think i'd be more confident on the corners if i had matching decent tyres and more beef on the rear.

PS, whats his shop called and where is it?

PS, whats his shop called and where is it?

Shure , hes on hols at the moment, back wednesday, the shop = shop fkn thing , google Angus Classic Bikes,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online