What Ya Think ?

2 Wheels
This post is 5148 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just wondering what ye all think about mixing 2stroke oils with eachother ?

You know,,,,when ya get to a garage and they dont have the same make (ie Silkolean) as ya were using. Is it good practice to mix different brands with eachother ?

Sometimes we have no choice but to mix them. I havent mixed any brands yet cause i usualy have a stock of Silkolean at home.

What ye think ??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I never had a problem with it youre only talking about the last drop in the tank anyway arent you?

Aye, thats all Paul, just the last we bit.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Another question for ya, How many tanks of fuel are you burning for a full tank of 2stroke in your DTR ? if ya have ever worked it out !

Im not sure myself but i Think i get 2 full tanks of fuel to one litre bottle of 2stroke, Any idea on what you get ?

Aye, thats all Paul, just the last we bit.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Another question for ya, How many tanks of fuel are you burning for a full tank of 2stroke in your DTR ? if ya have ever worked it out !

Im not sure myself but i Think i get 2 full tanks of fuel to one litre bottle of 2stroke, Any idea on what you get ?

let's make an assumption here, that is a fuel / oil ratio of 50 / 1

Your tank holds 10 litres

Therefore at 50/1 it will be 5 tanks of fuel

even with an oily mix of say 40/1 it will be 4 tanks of fuel

Check again Pat ;)

let's make an assumption here, that is a fuel / oil ratio of 50 / 1

Your tank holds 10 litres

Therefore at 50/1 it will be 5 tanks of fuel

even with an oily mix of say 40/1 it will be 4 tanks of fuel

Check again Pat ;)

Aye mabey your right-----sounds right anyway.

ill check it out soon

Thanks m8

Just wondering what ye all think about mixing 2stroke oils with eachother ?====---------------------------------. I havent mixed any brands yet .

Aye Pat " semi synthetics are ok , even fully synthetics, The old problem was with mineral - vegitable [ castor based] they had a habit of conjeling, i raised a Topic on another forum , and everybody just mixed & matched, what was available [ tesco"s- rock oil- carlube -CastrolTT, ] all semi synth, there all good oil nowadays, B)

Oh i did a mix in glass , to see , with The famous Castrol R40.and rock oil semi-synth, it turned blackish purple colour, but never conjeled, after weeks , i used it in stihl saw ,

Aye Pat " semi synthetics are ok , even fully synthetics, The old problem was with mineral - vegitable [ castor based] they had a habit of conjeling, i raised a Topic on another forum , and everybody just mixed & matched, what was available [ tesco"s- rock oil- carlube -CastrolTT, ] all semi synth, there all good oil nowadays, B)

Cheers John, me has piece of mind now :thumb:

i dont put anything other than silkolean off road t2 pre mix in my bike wouldn't want to upset it at it's present age.i put 350 ml to a full tank of fuel then run it empty and start again.can anyone work the ratio out for this. its an rd350lc tank, but i dont know what it holds,its about £15 to £20.

i dont put anything other than silkolean off road t2 pre mix in my bike wouldn't want to upset it at it's present age.i put 350 ml to a full tank of fuel then run it empty and start again.can anyone work the ratio out for this. its an rd350lc tank, but i dont know what it holds,its about £15 to £20.

It's a 15.9 Litre tank, so 15.9/0.35 = 45 to 1

cheers ogb,it's good to know we have someone smart on here.:rolleyes: would you say thats to much in your oppinion or about right.