XP 500 TMAX (2001)

tommy72832
This post is 4878 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all, newbie here from shropshire, hope someone can help, ive just purchased a xp500 as ive just had a couple of ops and its a little easier to handle than the divi, can anyone tell me how the seat opens please?

many thanks in advance tom

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all, newbie here from shropshire, hope someone can help, ive just purchased a xp500 as ive just had a couple of ops and its a little easier to handle than the divi, can anyone tell me how the seat opens please?

many thanks in advance tom

Hi Tommy, try this taken from website http://www.scootersales.com.au/News-1484-yamaha-xp500-t-max.aspx

"The ignition lock operates the seat lock and it’s a little clumsy when you’re in a hurry trying to find the correct position for the handlebars in order to activate the seat lock. Having said that, that’s our only real gripe with the T-Max. Once found, lift the front section and the rear-hinged seat lifts effortlessly on its hydraulic strut to reveal an enormous storage compartment large enough to store a helmet and a few shopping bags without fuss. Further evidence of the T-Max’s ergonomic friendliness is the fact that the underseat compartment is illuminated and lined with a removable carpet trim. The hinged flap at the front of the seat lifts forward for easy access to the fuel filler."

I hope this helps

Mike

• 9 months later...

Hi Tommy, try this taken from website http://www.scootersales.com.au/News-1484-yamaha-xp500-t-max.aspx

"The ignition lock operates the seat lock and it’s a little clumsy when you’re in a hurry trying to find the correct position for the handlebars in order to activate the seat lock. Having said that, that’s our only real gripe with the T-Max. Once found, lift the front section and the rear-hinged seat lifts effortlessly on its hydraulic strut to reveal an enormous storage compartment large enough to store a helmet and a few shopping bags without fuss. Further evidence of the T-Max’s ergonomic friendliness is the fact that the underseat compartment is illuminated and lined with a removable carpet trim. The hinged flap at the front of the seat lifts forward for easy access to the fuel filler."

I hope this helps

Mike

Well, what is the "correct position for the handlebars" please? I just got a TMAX and can't get the seat to open (no operator's manual either). I saw the guy that delivered it open it right up, so I know it should work. Thanks!