startermotor

GreyFoxMaster
This post is 5151 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I am a new member looking for some help and advice I have an XJ900f and im looking for places i might get a replacement startermotor for my bike.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

HELP My baby has died !!!! nees a replacement startermotor or brushes!!!!!! I have allready googled it and looked on Ebay its megga bucks to buy a new one.

HELP My baby has died !!!! nees a replacement startermotor or brushes!!!!!! I have allready googled it and looked on Ebay its megga bucks to buy a new one.

Take starter ta your local sparkie, he will suss out whats wrong with it, if its only brushes he can throw some in for ya,,,,he can prob recondition the hole starter for ya too if ya want !!!

Take starter ta your local sparkie, he will suss out whats wrong with it, if its only brushes he can throw some in for ya,,,,he can prob recondition the hole starter for ya too if ya want !!!

Thank you for that I have actualy done this yesterday mate and Im told the winding gear and the brushes need replacing, I have stroped it down and turned the brushes round its now running again but Im not sure for how long Im still looking in to new brushes on ebay and possibly getting it rewound Thanx.

Brushes and clean up the commutator will sort 90% of starter motor faults

Thankyou for that all input is very welcome I have done this along with turning the brushes that has helped thanx for your input mate my baby is back on the road again for now !!

Thanx for all your advice and help guys My Baby is back on the road again with a bit of T.L.C.

Thank you for that I have actualy done this yesterday mate and Im told the winding gear and the brushes need replacing, I have stroped it down and turned the brushes round its now running again but Im not sure for how long Im still looking in to new brushes on ebay and possibly getting it rewound Thanx.

Good stuff,

im not to good on the electric side of things but if the started is now working again after turning the brushes arround then i dont think there is anything wrong with the windings.

I suggest just getting new brushes and go with that,,,,,,see how long it lasts,,cause getting the windings re-done will cost a fair bit of £££.

HTH !

Maby Speedshop will have a better idea than me on this one,,,,,,,eh! speedshop

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online