Rear arm bearings

muppet
This post is 5145 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

DT125R

Ok anybody have any ideas of getting the bearings out of the relay arm. I'm replacing them and the swing arm ones too. Tried hitting them with a screwdriver but they wont budge. I would use a blow torch but i've just had them powdercoated so its not possible.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

DT125R

Ok anybody have any ideas of getting the bearings out of the relay arm. I'm replacing them and the swing arm ones too. Tried hitting them with a screwdriver but they wont budge. I would use a blow torch but i've just had them powdercoated so its not possible.

Have you had the relay arm powder coated with the bearings in ? :blink:

Have you had the relay arm powder coated with the bearings in ? :blink:

not telling :lol:

you learn the expensive way. I have new bearings, bushings and seals for the swing arm and relay arm so its going to be done right. I looked on the net yesterday night and its either buy a bearing puller contraption or a long threaded bolt with a few washers and wind them out.

not telling :lol:

you learn the expensive way. I have new bearings, bushings and seals for the swing arm and relay arm so its going to be done right. I looked on the net yesterday night and its either buy a bearing puller contraption or a long threaded bolt with a few washers and wind them out.

I would go with option 2 B)

Thats what i did when i built my 86 DT. Gotta make sure you press them out rather than impact them. More so when putting new ones in.

I remember changed the swimg arm bearings on my TS50x. Failed an MOT due to too much play. After new bearings fitted correctly, it was the same. It then passed. At a Yamaha dealer as well.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online