After binning my xt125 into the back a car (lights were on green and she stopped) where can i get some handle bars from or know how to straighten them

This post is 4986 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i sent an e-mail to my local yamaha dealer and they just havnt got back to me about new handle bars i was just wondering which ones would fit, or if i could straighten them again so whn i come to sell it it doesnt look bad :/

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i sent an e-mail to my local yamaha dealer and they just havnt got back to me about new handle bars i was just wondering which ones would fit, or if i could straighten them again so whn i come to sell it it doesnt look bad :/

When i repaired my DT125RE i had to email/phone about 4 different Yamaha dealers before i got a response.

Straightening the bars is not a great idea depending how bad they are. Firstly its a pain in the arse to get them anywhere near like they were originally. And secondly the bends could have weakened the metal, which could leave some poor sod who buys the bike at risk and thats just not right tbh.

Vez.

• 2 months later...

when i bought my DT it didn't come with the original bars so the first place i called was my nearest yamaha dealer but found that arnolds in leicester are the best, give them your chassis number and they'll find your park and the parts you need in minutes.