06 R1 Throttle cable replacement

FasYankee
This post is 5009 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all!

Wondering if there's a trick to replacing the throttle cable on a 06 R1 without removing the motor/throttle body assembly? When looking down at the motor (tank/airbox removed) the cable "cam" (where the cables attach) there is a top (pull/open) and a bottom (push/close) cable, I got the top cable installed no problem, but can't seem to fit my hands in there enough to get the end seated in the hole, and the cable into it's guide. I even tried removing the rear cover to the lower airbox portion (that houses the ECU) so I could get a little more room, but I couldn't get the harness detached.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Darren

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey all!

so I could get a little more room, but I couldn't get the harness detached.

Any suggestions?

Darren

Hi darren, i"v fitted cables to similar bikes, easyier with two people. leave the top cable till last, get other guy to pull cam towards cable end, use long nose plyers to slip it in, then do top cam& cable;)

Hi darren, i"v fitted cables to similar bikes, easyier with two people. leave the top cable till last, get other guy to pull cam towards cable end, use long nose plyers to slip it in, then do top cam& cable;)

Thanks for the reply, but rotating the cam puts the hole it needs to fit into even further away from reach, I'm getting to the point of dropping it at a dealer.....or if I can find someone with really, really small hands!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online