What bike have I got?? DTR? DT LC?

LewLar
This post is 4645 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Afternoon all, just picked up a cheap DT, but I'm not too well informed of the different models, and I'm not sure what to look for in terms of parts etc?

Here's the bike, can anyone help me out? the guy said is was a 1992 ish but that could potentially be way out?

web.jpg?ver=12812820040001

web.jpg?ver=12812819840001

Ta!

Lewis

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cool thanks for the speedy reply!!

I'm planning on cleaning it up and then over the winter a rebuild, I've been offered a replacement frame from another DTR, but it's from a 2002 bike, it would be good to get this and have it powder coated, any ideas if it's the same frame as my early 90's bike?

Ta again!

Lewis

Because the bikes are very popular to theives, its often hard to get hold of a frame with numbers still there and the V5 available. If you are looking to put it on the road that is. If not, you've got a nice little field bike. Im reluctantly going to be selling my 2002 DTR feild bike soon! Best of luck with the rebuild and dont hesitate to post up queries if you get stuck.

Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. I've seen a few frames pop up on eBay, the last one was £120, I would have grabbed if I have the cash!

Just started to have a poke around the bike, there's a massive oil leak from the clutch/oil pump side of the engine so I've got some new gaskets to try and cure that.

Now I'm on holiday for three weeks so not really going to have a chance to get much more done! Pity, looking forward to thrashing it about at some point!!

Lewis

Its a DTR for sure... I bought one of these in the 90's as box of bits, and put it back on the road, and it was very quick. It cost me £ 200 + another £ 300 to make it mint. Reluctantly I sold it when someone offered me £ 900 for it. I would recommend puuting the powervalve servo kit on it as they respond very well to this modification.

When I did mine, they were quite new so I paid top dollar for the bits, but you should find plenty in the breakers now, and the parts are cheap.

If you're looking to put it back on the road, try Yamaha UK for the registration. A lot were registered by Yamaha, and they keep records of all the registration numbers. Mine was a field bike, but luckily had come from a local dealer, who just happened to have the registration number. It makes it a lot easier than having to have it registered at your local DVLA centre, or 'Q' plated.

Cheers and good luck

• 1 year later...

ITS A MARK 3 DT 125 LIQUID COOLED NOT A DTR . DTRS ARE AIR COOLED YOU BIKE HAS A RADIATOR I HAVE THE MARK 2 VERSION SO IM 100%

I agree with oldgit that it's a DT125R as I had a F reg one when they first came out in the same colours white/red. And it was definately liquid cooled NOT aircooled. 110% .And certain the MK3 didn't have a rear disc but the DT125R did like in LewLar's photo.

Think banni has a need of a selik waterfall sandwich

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online