xv535

Yamaha VIN Decoder

Here's a link to a Yamaha site that analyzes your VIN # to tell yr of mfg and displacement. This works for all 17 character VIN's ie bikes, ATV's (4 wheelers and side by sides). Handy check of yr of mfg if you are buying a used bike or ATV.

RM

http://www.motoverse.com/tools/vin/yamaha.asp

Here's a link to a Yamaha site that analyzes your VIN # to tell yr of mfg and displacement. This works for all 17 character VIN's ie bikes, ATV's (4 wheelers and side by sides). Handy check of yr of mfg if you are buying a used bike or ATV.

RM

I am trying to correctly identify a xv920rh # 5H1-101525. The Vin de-coder asked for a 17 digit number. This 'bike has only this number stamped into the frame and also into the engine. Trying to confirm date of manufacture, original colour, and original market? Anyone have any idea? Also, I have tried to email Yamaha Japan, and the USA, but find lots of 'sales' options but no enquiry or I.D. options. Does anyone know of a correct email address for the American and Japanese Corporates? All help greatly appreciated. M

I am trying to correctly identify a xv920rh # 5H1-101525. The Vin de-coder asked for a 17 digit number. [...]

It is like many other bikes: They do not use the standard european or US-american VIN, they fall back to their own system:

* model

* sometimes the year

* serial number

5H1 <- type/model (should be a XV920 of any kind)

101525 <- serial number

Same here with my YBR:

VG5 <- Yamaha

RE031 <- model (YBR 125 '05)

... <- serial number

Greetings, Martin

Hi I am also trying to find info on my Yamaha xt125 (since found out it's an 82 model) using the vin number but as the member earlier wrote the website asks for 17 digits and I only have 9, this being : 12V-007160, I note that the engines and frames originally had the same numbers on them, but the engine has 12V-007498 on it, (a later engine change)

I bought it as an off road bike, and have been trying to get the original registration number from both Exeter and Swansea vehicle licencing centre, but I seem to have drawn a blank, as they keep on passing me from one dept to another, I know that I could re-register it for on road use by having 'Q' plates, but quite honestly I'd much rather use the original number plates, any info would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance Nev.

Same problem as everyone else. I have 3XP-004233

I have recently aquired an xj600 with which i plan to build a chop, the previous owner lost the reg document and plate so i dont know the reg number. Can i find this out somewhere on line by inputting the vin number? its an early model so the 17 digit decoder wont work.. Any help greatly appreciated

Heloou

I have a problem can somone help me i have a r1 from 2001

But i dont khnou if its the 150 HP or the 98 hp

this is the codes from the engine

*n503e-026381*

4x01

y-2

In the motocycle identity card is somthing like this

RN04 000021073

Have same prob

Bought dt175 frame and engine

As far as can see 2A8120379 on frame

Not a good stamping tho (fake??)

Anyone any idea

Have same prob

Bought dt175 frame and engine

As far as can see 2A8120379 on frame

Not a good stamping tho (fake??)

Anyone any idea

2A8 is a DT125MX prefix bill

Hi folks I found this email address, I sent them a polite email and my engine number and they got back to me the very next day with date of manufacture, model of bike and a code reference number for ordering spare parts, may be worth a try

mailto:[email protected]

Where can we go for a 9 digit VIN, I have 2 that I would like to trace.

Thanks, Bob

Good Afternoon,

First off, I registered with this site primarily to did a little bit deeper to the full description of the Yamaha VIN meaning. I ama professional insurance motorcycle appraiser based here in Calgary, AB. When I complete an appraisal I like to include the customers VIN and explain what the 17 digits mean.

Here is an example to help you understand where I am going with this:

The VIN Number **5HD1FYW135Y706249** maybe decoded as follows:

• 5 – International

• HD – Harley Davidson

• 1 – Motorcycle Type (Heavy Weight (901 cc – up))

• FY – FLHRS Road King Custom (EFI)

• W – 1450cc EFI Twin Cam

• 1 – Regular induction Date

• 3 – Factory Check Digit

• 5 – Year of Manufacture

• Y- York City Plant, MA

• Last Six Digits Numerical is the Serial Number.

The same should be true for the Yamaha, but there seems to be a lack of information out there. Went to the local Yamaha dealer and he gave me two (2) sheets of paper that is a good start, but from experience there is a third sheet that spells out what HD does in explaining the 5/6 digit is the model number of the machine. In this case FY is a FLHRS Road King Custom. In Yamaha's case what is a Yamaha Road Star digit and the list goes on.

I am hoping someone on this board can shed some much needed light on the subject and is willing to share their knowledge.

Best regards,

B25BSABOY

Having the same problems here tracking my Vin#2n5-004599, just sent an email to the link that Migthy Mule suggested will keep updated.

I got a response back from Yamaha on that email I sent. They were able to tell me it was a 1978 model bike manufactured in January of 1979. Other then that they told me to referance 2n50 when looking for parts.

RM

RM,

Agree that clicking on this link may give some light to the explanation of the Yamaha VIN #'s but sadly not all. What is needed is someone to put together a list of what each letter/number means with the 17 digits of the serial number. I have since discovered that BMW's are just as confusing and I have since complied a list that sorts this out. When time permits, I will try and do some more research in this matter to give guidance for the Yamaha marquee.

b25bsaboy