Slash cutting

growls
This post is 5158 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has any one slashcut the stock xvs 650 custom pipes? Id like to make 2 cuts one to chop the cone off and a second horizontal cut for the slash. Id like some advive on what angle to make the horizonatal cut and what length.

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi i havent done it b4 on a 650 but would the mufflers come off the downpipes? think they might just unbolt and slide off then you could see about getting some slash cut exhaust ends, would save hacking away at the exhaust, but if they dont and you still want to go through with it then your best bet is to cut them off about half way to start(i dont know how big the baffles are so half way on the muffler should clear them) then cut the "slash" at a 45 degree angle, then if you wanted you could wrap them in exhaust wrap to give it a more "custom" look (would also fill them out a little more)

hope this helps

.Paul.

Luckily the mufflers do come off and I managed to get another set for just over the cost of p & p :). It's the actuall marking up and cutting thats a problem because of the curves.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online