R15 Engine Stalling when clutch pulled-in

ashaq54
This post is 5162 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I am writing from Bangladesh. I am having some trouble with my 2500+ KM old Yamaha YZF R15. I have also taken my bike to the local Yamaha Dealership/Service Center. However, they could not pinpoint the problem. Therefore, I am seeking for some opinion/insight from your end. Below goes the symptoms I face with my bike:

a. Idle RPM is wrong. It fell to the range of 1200-1400. Had it adjusted back to 1300-1500, but, still during the first 5-7 minutes it fluctuates a bit.

b. Bike stalls while decelerating, pulling in the clutch..no matter if i downshift at the same time or not.

c. This happens mostly in case of high speed runs, if i pull in the clutch and release the throttle totally, the RPM drops from say,7000 RPM to 1.5K for a sec and then drops to zero, stalling the engine.

d. After the engine has stalled, if I release the clutch while the bike is still rolling, the engine fires up again with a slight jerk.

e. While slowing down, if i keep the throttle a bit open and pull-in the clutch, the engine keeps running.

f. In neutral the bike idles fine at around 1300-1600 RPM

g.This problem mainly occurs during the first 10-15 minutes of riding. After that it somehow disappears or occurs much less frequently.

Could you please point-out some factors that might cause this trouble, which will help me to solve this through the help of the mechnics.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online