yet another service manual question

exess4
This post is 5041 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Am I wrong that Clymer does not have a book for the XS400? Have searched HERE and there, called the Clymer pub's # and others.

Places called will say, sure we have it in stock even, then, no, sorry that happens to be for the 750, our mistake.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Am I wrong that Clymer does not have a book for the XS400? Have searched HERE and there, called the Clymer pub's # and others.

Places called will say, sure we have it in stock even, then, no, sorry that happens to be for the 750, our mistake.

The only one I find is a Clymer XS360-400 1976-78, published in 1980.

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-XS360-400cc-Twins-1976-78/dp/0892871709/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280981610&sr=8-7

Why apologise to me?

Have I missed something? :lol:

If you're in the US, Clymer is one option. However, the UK version is the Haynes manual. A quick Google (well, Bing actually since that's what we have here) came up with these:

Click here and scroll down

Can't actually see eBay here at work, but the description sounded promising

Another clicky here

More to click on

Cor, your lucky day, innit? ANOTHER link!!!

BTW - These were all on the first page of a Bing search. I haven't even looked at page 2 yet!!

IOW Hayne's synonymous w/ Clymer. If so very useful to have known that, ha. Thanks!

Links aplenty there, always nice. For Hayne's (USD) had this one bookmarked: theMotorBookstore

more manual questions to ensue :yay:

(jk)

IOW?

Isle Of Wight??!!

I dunno if they're the same company, though it wouldn't surprise me if they are.

In Other Words sorry for the lazy acronym kid-like text term.

BTW -by the way- I found a place with a Clymer in stock, It's on the way. Seems included in title is only the 360 and 400, which would be nice. Will find out when it arrives.

Also if the two are basically the same then- Hayne's being UK version - I can expect that something like a grudgeon pin (whaaa??) will be called, for me, a wrist pin, for example? :lol:

Also if the two are basically the same then- Hayne's being UK version - I can expect that something like a grudgeon pin (whaaa??) will be called, for me, a wrist pin, for example? :lol:

I dunno if the Haynes manuals use UK specific terminology, though I expect they might... and I haven't a clue what a grudgeon pin is... I just look at the pictures and go, "Take part A out of Part B, remove Part C, drop Part A, swear, pick up Part A, reassemble" etc etc...

I wouldn't have known that particular term if not FOR the picture. But for others not always a handy diagram to view and figure it out.

Anyway here from 1978 to my mailbox is the scan below. $24.95 USD + 8.95 shipping. (I like the price of the Hayne's sticky download :) ).

Somewhat different than the Hayne's, so a very nice supplement to have.

Printed in U.S.A. ?Only one printing? No wonder 1-800-CLYMER (whatever it is) told me it doesn't exist. :rolleyes:

img501b.jpgimg502b.jpg