Cables question

gmkieran
This post is 5159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, so I finally got around to switching out the bars in my cafe project. The new bars look great (will post pix once I get things back together), but nearly all of my cables are waaaay too long. Anyone happen to know the appropriate lengths for clutch cable, front brake cable, speedo cable and possibly throttle on a 1979 XS400_2F with superbike bars in place of the stock buckhunters? The current clutch cable (may or may not be stock) is 51.5", current throttle is 31.5". Haven't measured the brake or speedo, yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to avoid the trial and error method on this one! :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So, I'm cheating. I've measured and marked the lengths on my current (too-long) cables and I'm taking them to my local boneyard to see if they have anything the right size. If I can't find anything I'll look into having custom cables made at motionpro or something. For anyone who might be interested, the brake cable was 92 cm / 36" (ferrule to ferrule) and the clutch was 105 cm / 41.5" (ferrule to ferrule) for the superbike bars.

Guess that's what I get for cheating. The local boneyard has given up on cables, because they never got any salable ones. So, anyone got a line on stock minus 6-8 inch cables for an XS400? Or know of another bike that had a 36" clutch cable or 41.5" brake cable (yeah, I had those reversed above) that might work on the XS?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online