immobiliser light

ukuleleman
This post is 5159 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I have recently installed a relay for my sat nav and starcom1 unit, I had to disconnect the battery for a few seconds just to sort out power to the relay. The question I have is regarding immobiliser light, I’m sure when I had the bike it flashed yellow and now its flashes red. Should it be yellow? If so any ideas on how to re set the immobiliser?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Ukuleleman,

What bike do you have? My XVS 1300 immobiliser light flashes red... yours prob was also red. Does your bike start + run ok? Wouldn't worry if it does!

Immobiliser operation will be specific to whichever one you have installed.

What do the instructions say?

It should still tell you how to switch on, switch off, re-set etc. If not, it's crap!!

TBH, I wouldn't have ever thought an immob light would be yellow, anyway. Such things are usually red.

My own alarm has a FECKING BRIGHT blue LED, but that's a custom anyway.

Phone ye olde locale Yammie dealer and check it out.

If it's a Yam-fit immob then they should have the full skinny.

I'd imagine that as the immobiliser light is an LED it was always that colour. If the bike works fine then I'd assume it was ok (maybe someone with a 950 can confirm the colour for you)

My 1300 service manual makes no mention of the immobiliser at all, only refers to codes when the engine warning light flashes.

hope this helps?

My 1300 service manual makes no mention of the immobiliser at all, only refers to codes when the engine warning light flashes.

Oh great - Another reason for me NOT to buy a new Star... :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online