My New Bike, what model is it though?

KRIS KROSS
This post is 5044 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys am new one here and not sure what type of bike ive bought its am import ya see not entirely sure,

its either a fz 400 fazer? or a xj 400 or xjr 400 im not sure, has a exhasuton each side and need a new one help plese :(

23d3b9fb.jpg

25c73261.jpg

thanks guys

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

As I said in your other thread, it's an XJ400S Diversion.

http://homepages.pavilion.co.uk/ilange/yamgal01.htm

Found this.

• 1983 Yamaha XJ 400

Model Yamaha XJ 400 1983

Motorcycle Style: Standard

Engine

Type: 398 cc, 4 Stroke - Air Cooled - Inline Four

Engine Bore and Stroke: 51 mm x 48.8 mm

Valves 2 valves/cylinder

Claimed Horsepower

: 46 hp (34.3 kW) @ 10000 rpm

Maximum Torque: 34.6 Nm (25.5 ft. lbs) @ 8500 rpm

Transmission type: 6 speed

Final Drive: Chain

Tire

- Front: 3.00-18

Tire - Rear: 110/90-18

Brakes - Front: dual 240 mm discs with 2-piston calipers

Brakes - Rear: 180 mm drum

Fuel Capacity: 15 l (4 Gal)

Dry Weight (without fluids): 166 kg (366 pounds)

you's two are legends i know absoloutly nothing about bikes so where or how could i repair the exhaust its split halfway from the end of the can and where it bends up ?

thanks again folks

So far you have learned a few things about your motorcycle, but the learning has only just begun. Have another look at.....

and see if you can learn something from that ! Also slow down, If you rush into motorcyling the way you have rushed into the forum, you will only become another statistic.

hahaha cheers for the vid a get it all the time, yer a won a holiday at work and went on a track in la manga called cartegana used a honda vrf 400 in june so thats what got me into bikes, my lasses dad had this next to his ferrari was like aye its me mates he wants £400 for the bike so a thought what the hell a booked me theory yesterday and have to waait til am 21 before a can do me direct access, this is me on that bike though, below...

oh and that link didnt work :(

27959_430924871022_581701022_6199429_1940827_n.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online