dt 125 lc 83 liquid cooled

oldmanstoner
This post is 5166 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys im glad i found this site was readin a few topics and then joined i blew my head gasket on my dt and replaced it i stripped the whole bike down and rebuilt it but when i start it it just revs what could that be the slide in the carb that doesnt close because it is the wrong way or could it be something els and what spark plug should i use and when i tried to start it again i wont start i started it a few time while reving high and turned it off but it wont start again

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You had the barrel off?

and when you cleaned off the old base gasket you left a teeny weeny piece of gasket by mistake :unsure: now that piece is causing an AIR LEAK :o

This is of course a guess ;)

Have a spray around with WD40 and see if it affects the engine speed / tone, this may point you in the right direction to find the air leak.

Feel free to intro yourself in 'The Bar'

...Paul

Hi guys im glad i found this site was readin a few topics and then joined i blew my head gasket on my dt and replaced it i stripped the whole bike down and rebuilt it but when i start it it just revs what could that be the slide in the carb that doesnt close because it is the wrong way or could it be something els and what spark plug should i use and when i tried to start it again i wont start i started it a few time while reving high and turned it off but it wont start again

Whooah, whooah, slow down there Oldmanstoner.

First of all, who are you? Introduce yourself! male/female. Where do come from? put a few punctuation marks in your sentence. It sounds like you are trying to say it in one breath.

Don't come in all "Gung Ho" and you might, might, just find you will get a little bit of help, but the way you are going I think you will be ignored.

You had the barrel off?

and when you cleaned off the old base gasket you left a teeny weeny piece of gasket by mistake :unsure: now that piece is causing an AIR LEAK :o

This is of course a guess ;)

Have a spray around with WD40 and see if it affects the engine speed / tone, this may point you in the right direction to find the air leak.

Feel free to intro yourself in 'The Bar'

...Paul

Sorry, Paul

I didn't anticipate anybody getting in before me.

My apologies. Iam a male and live in South Africa. When I put the head back on, I made sure that it was clean I sprayed DW40 but that didnt help. Any other suggestions would help thanks

You have an air leak

Possible places are

1: Carb slide is not bottomed for whatever reason have you put the slide in the right way round with the cutaway facing the filter box?

2: Cylinder base gasket not sealing

3: Cylinder head gasket not sealing

4: Leaking reed valve manifold joint or carb to intake boot joint

2,3 and 4 Can be investigated by spraying WD40 around the relevant places

You have an air leak

Possible places are

1: Carb slide is not bottomed for whatever reason have you put the slide in the right way round with the cutaway facing the filter box?

2: Cylinder base gasket not sealing

3: Cylinder head gasket not sealing

4: Leaking reed valve manifold joint or carb to intake boot joint

2,3 and 4 Can be investigated by spraying WD40 around the relevant places

Thanks changed the side and it now works thank you

Thanks changed the side and it now works thank you

Can you be a little more clear as to how you fixed it, as it may help someone else out who finds this thread. 

What do you mean by changed the side?

Vez.

Can you be a little more clear as to how you fixed it, as it may help someone else out who finds this thread. 

What do you mean by changed the side?

Vez.

I unscrewed the cable that goes to the carb from the accelerarer cable there is a long groove that runs up the side of the slide in the carb with a needled attatched to it. I put that long groove on the same side as the air box and then scrwed it back on. Cleaned the plug and started fine.tym to ride

I unscrewed the cable that goes to the carb from the accelerarer cable there is a long groove that runs up the side of the slide in the carb with a needled attatched to it. I put that long groove on the same side as the air box and then scrwed it back on. Cleaned the plug and started fine.tym to ride

Ahh put the slide in correct.  B)

• Who's Online (See full list)